Wednesday 31 May 2017

Unimaginable Transformation From A Pale White Woman To A Dark Skin Woman (Makeup)

 

Above is a picture of a white woman being turned into dark woman with the application of makeup by a makeup artist with the Instagram handle @paintdatface

He shared the photo on Instagram but unfortunately he received a lot of backlash from thousands of people saying that what he did was racially offensive. However he has deleted the picture because he could not accept the high level of criticism he received. Following the unexpected incident he wrote an explanation of why he did it, not actually apologizing but defending is action.

Read what he wrote;

"The transformation that I recently posted of a woman transformed into a woman of another culture has been highly criticized by those who don't understand the message. I deleted the post, not because I had regret or saw wrongdoing, but because of the negativity social media turned it into. It's been assumed by most that my intentions were to transform my model into a black woman. Truth is, my intentions were to keep the look vague enough to be relatable to many women of different cultures, but the true inspiration of the overall look came from my Cuban heritage. Although I am saddened by how many people are angered, I can't offer an apology for my artwork and for what I find to be beautiful. The transformation came from a place of love and was not about mocking one's race, but rather about celebrating it. I am so proud to be illustrating a woman representing several cultures along with their achievements, beliefs and histories. Art is interpreted differently by all and sometimes it's uncomfortable, but making this world a better place starts with our mindset - thinking positive, showing love and practicing unity."

No comments: